Breast Implant Revision
We’ll make sure you love the way you look in the mirror with breast implant revisions!
The goal of breast implant revision or removal surgery is to replace old breast implants with new implants.
Often the goal is also to change or improve the appearance of the breasts while updating the implant material, which could include:
- A concurrent breast life or reduction
- Reshaping the breast implant pocket to reposition the implant on the chest
- Either increasing or decreasing the size, shape or style of the breast implant
The desire to have breast implant revision surgery can be because of any of the following reasons:
- Desire to change the size of the breasts
- Pain from capsular contracture
- Concern about rupture or migration of implant
- Change from saline to silicone or different style of implant
Over time, breast implants can change shape or size, and the overlying breast tissue can also change, creating an appearance or feel to the breast that is less desirable than the original result. Also, many breast implants have a lifetime warranty on the actual implant device, but after ten years the costs associated with having surgery to replace the implants are no longer covered. Because of this, many women will elect to replace or update their breast implants at or around the 10-year time frame.
Breast implant revision surgery is not a standard or routine procedure and needs to be tailored specifically to the patient’s goals and desires.